Baltimore Adolescent Treatment and Guidance Organization, Inc
Established in 1997
“Making the Difference in the Life of Youths
Makes a Difference in our Community”
The Baltimore Adolescent Treatment and Guidance Organization, Inc. (BATGO, Inc.) will create an environment that supports and promotes each youth’s strengths and enables them to acquire the interpersonal and technical skills that will empower them to succeed.
Community based program that provides therapeutic services to youths ages 0 to 20 who have been emotionally traumatized. Youth are referred from the Maryland Department of Social Services.
PROGRAM INFORMATION BATGO, Inc. is a Child Placement/ Treatment Foster Care Agency. BATGO, Inc. has provided services to youth since 1997. BATGO, Inc. strives to place youths in Treatment Foster Homes best suited to their personal, social, and psychological needs. BATGO, Inc.’s comprehensive program provides highly trained and dedicated staff and Treatment Foster Parents. Our Treatment Foster Parents provide daily supervision and structure to each youth by appropriate role modeling.
BATGO Inc. objectives are:
- To provide unconditional care to the youth placed in our foster homes.
- To assist youth in developing coping strategies to decrease the instances of angry outbursts.
- To assist in building self-esteem and feelings of self-worth in our youths.
- To assist older youths in developing life skills necessary to become self-sufficient.
- To assist youth in developing positive/healthy peer and adult relationships.
- To decrease the incidence of truancy.
- To decrease the incidence of AWOL behavior.