Baltimore Adolescent Treatment and Guidance Organization, Inc
Established in 1997
“Making the Difference in the Life of Youths
Makes a Difference in our Community”
TREATMENT FOSTER CARE APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
You can become a BATGO, Inc. Treatment Foster Parent if:
1. You are 21 years of age or older.
2. You are a single individual or couple and live in your own apartment or house.
3. Every member of your household and frequent visitor 18 years or older consents and is fingerprinted for a criminal (state and federal) background check.
4. Every member of your household and frequent visitor 18 years or older consents and completes a Child Protective Services (child abuse and neglect) background check form.
5. Every member of your household and frequent visitor 18 years or older must have a State of Maryland Sex Offender Registry check.
6. You (and co-applicant) must have a State of Maryland Judicial Case Search check.
7. You (and co-applicant) consent and complete a child support clearance check form.
8. You (and co-applicant) consent to a Motor Vehicle Administration clearance.
9. Every member of your household and frequent visitor shall have an initial medical examination to determine physical and emotional ability to care for children which includes an analysis of a tuberculosis test or x-ray and testing for any other communicable disease and reexamination at least every two years.
10. You are able to meet your family’s financial obligations.
11. You provide four references (3: personal and 1: employment) as to your parenting ability (NOTE: if there is a child in the home that attends school, a personal reference must be completed by the child’s school administrator, counselor, or teacher).
12. You can complete a minimum of 27 hours of Pre-Service Training.
13. You can have your home inspected for Health/Sanitary approval and Fire Safety approval.
14. You allow a minimum of 3 visits to your home by a BATGO, Inc. worker to interview all members of the household and inspect the home.
15. You (and co-applicant) complete any and all other pre-licensure requirements.
All correspondence to the Board of Directors may be mailed directly to:
Attn: Board President
2901 Druid Park Drive, Suite #A103iness
Baltimore, Maryland 21215
410-728-5551 Fax: 410-728-5515